Dr. Piyush Gupta
Dr. Piyush Gupta has 30+ years of experience in Information & Communication Technology, E-Governance Strategy, Implementation, Management and Operations in Government and Private sector.
Dr. Piyush had led Capacity Building & Knowledge Management initiatives involving developing innovative learning approaches, strategies, collaborations, business growth including Consulting assignment across Central Government of India and various States in India for over 10 years.
Dr. Piyush headed Capacity Building & Knowledge Management as Associate Vice President during the years 2004 to 2017, for National Institute for Smart Government (NISG) which is established in collaboration between Government of India, AP state government and NASSCOM.
He has been instrumental in strategizing various capacity building initiatives under the National E-Governance Plan along with the Department of Electronics and IT, Government of India. He is a key architect for the E-Governance Leadership workshops for political leaders across the country and, of a full-time one-year E-Governance course, started in collaboration with management institutes like IIM-Indore and TAPMI Manipal.
Some of the flagship initiatives Dr. Piyush lead include:
- As a Member of the Expert Committee constituted by the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India, for developing “Government Digital Services Standards”
- National E-Governance Consultant with UNDP (full-time engagement August – December 2017). Working on an assignment at Department of Administration Reforms and Public Grievances, the Government of India to Strengthen the National Government Services Portal. The project envisages developing strategies for collaboration with all States/UTs /Govt. of India Ministries to bring all Government services on one portal with an objective to improve India ranking in UN E-Government Development Index survey and make it convenient for the citizens to access government services. The assignment also involves providing advice and coordination with NIC, technology partner
- E-Governance Subject Matter Expert with PMI (Project Management Institute) to develop a Standards on Project Management, PM Assessment Maturity framework and Change Management to bring standardization in the E-Governance projects across India. An initiative of Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, GoI led by the National E-Governance Standards and Technology (NeST), STQC
- E-Governance Subject Matter Expert on E-learning content development for E-Governance, with an E-learning agency working for the National E-Governance Division (NeGD), MeiTY GoI
- Teaching Case Study writing on E-Governance projects for the NeGD, MeiTY, GoI. One case study completed on an initiative of Government of Punjab, InvestPunjab
- Specialist member on the Advisory Board of Learning Resource Centre (LRC), Department of Personnel and Training, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Government of India
- Expert Group Member on EduVision 2017 setup by MAIT
- Core group member at Computer Society of India, Special Interest Group on E-Governance for the annual process of E-Governance project evaluation and assessment, implemented across the country at Central and State government level
He was Honored by the World Education Congress, as “Top 50 Most Impactful Knowledge Management Professionals” in 2016 and “Top 50 Most influential Knowledge Management Professionals” in the year 2015 at the Global Knowledge Management Congress & Awards.