KLEF is a pioneer in the field of Engineering Education and Research in private sector in the state of Andhra Pradesh. KLEF established Koneru Lakshmaiah College of Engineering in the year 1980 affiliated to Acharya Nagarjuna University. The college became Autonomus in the year 2006 and from 2009 onwards it has become Deemed to be University.
- The only Engineering Institute in the state of Andhra Pradesh permitted by AICTE to admit Foreign Nationals.
- Flexible Academic system where in students can do courses in specialized streams as per their choice leading to major, minor and dual degree programs.
- All 9 UG programmes of the Institution are accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) of AICTE, 6 of them for 5 Years - only private Engineering Institution in Andhra Pradesh to get 6 branches accredited for 5 years.
- 7 of the programmes are accredited by NBA for second time.
- The Institution was assessed and accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) of UGC with 'A' Grade (CGPA of 3.76 on 4 point scale), the highest CGPA for any Engineering Institution in India.
The leadership of K L University requested for a one-day seminar on Lean Six Sigma and how it can be implemented in the university. The goal was to delivery better value to their customers i.e. students and the parents.
KINDUZ Consulting created a customized training program on Lean Six Sigma
for the Educational Sector and Universities and delivered the same to K L University.
The session was attended by:
- Sri K. Satyanarayana - Chancellor
- Sri K. Lakshman Havish - Pro-Chancellor
- Dr. Gouranga Lal Datta - Vice-Chancellor
Specific focus was given around how the following can be achieved using Lean Six Sigma:
1) Higher placements for students
2) Reducing variation in salaries for the students of universities
3) Students being placed with higher salaries
4) Reducing variation in the marks scored by students
5) Improving satisfaction levels of parents
6) Understanding voice of students and parents